Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #8 and Book Tag!!!

OMG I RECEIVED A BOOK TAG!!!
I've never been tagged before, so that feels kind of weird LOL




Book Tag Rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create ten new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!

Questions from Maghon @ Happy Tails and Tales

1. What’s your favorite quote from a book-or just a saying of some sort?

There's this one from a book I read last week that kind of stuck in my mind. It goes like this (backstory: a guy is supposed to fix a wall for this wealthy family. The woman asks him how long it's gonna take. He says): "Two weeks give or take a week or two." 
2. Who’s your favorite best friend of a character in a book and why-basically the support group LOL? (example, I LOVE Emma, who is Kaylee’s best friend in the Soul Screamers series by Rrachel Vincent cuz she is a totally awesome friend)

I think Hermione Granger is the bestest bud on fiction earth :)

3. What’s the most important to you, the plot, the characters, or the writing style?

Okay, I say all of them, because without a plot I'd just skip around or leave the book altogether. Without a good writing style, I'd be distracted and totally annoyed. Without strong characters - well, what's there to read??

4. Since we are all ladies… who do you prefer, the good guy or the bad boy?

Truth is, the bad boy is always a good mushy person on the inside. So definitely him :)) Although, sometimes the good guy turns up bad too LOL Perhaps that's why I can't pick between Will and Jem or Nash and Tod.

5. What is it that makes you want to blog about books?

Many reasons for that: my passion for books; keeping tags on my reading; my desire to share my opinions on books and of course connecting with people with similar interests :)

6. since I can never chose, name your top 5 (or whatever number you want) authors?

Oh, that's easy: 
1. Cassie Clare
2. Rachel Vincent
3. Robin Hobb
4. J.K. Rowling
5. Tahereh Mafi
6. too many others LOL

7. Also, since I can never chose, what’s your top 5 (or whatever number) series (or stand alone books)?

Hmmm, another easy one:
1. TMI
2. TID
3. Soul Screamers
4. Harry Potter
5. Perfect Chemistry
6. that list can go on forever, so let's just stop on 5, shall we? ;)

8.  I am also stealing from Karla, but who are your top 5 book boyfriends & what series are the from ( so I can also stalk them too LOL )?

Hahahaha, stalking book boyfriends is awesome!
1. Jace Herondale - TMI
2. Noah - The unbecoming of Mara Dyer
3. Carlos Fuentes - Rules of Attraction
4. Cricket Bell - Lola and the Boy Next Door
5. Carter - Sophie&Carter

9.  If there was one book, that you could read over and over again, what is it?

Any of the books/series I mentioned above. Although, Harry Potter is my most favorite of them all.

10.  tell me something you want me to know about you (try for it not to be about books)… example: I’m a serious animal lover and advocate… I have just decided not to finish vet school and to open up a nonprofit to help both animals and children… it’s a long story with a complicated description, but I want to HELP both animals and kids, especially the handicapped of both :)

Well, I love spending time in nature. Mostly places untouched by human hand. Like meadows in the middle of forests with clean water springs and such :)) Does that count? 

And I guess now I've got to tag 11 (un)fortunate people LOL. Okay, here goes:

1. Sara @ http://uponalovestory.blogspot.com

2. Jessirae @ http://jessiraelloyd.blogspot.com

3. Anna @ http://www.literaryexploration.com

4. Anna @ http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogspot.com

5. Carly @ http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com

6. Sarah @ http://www.thebooklife.com

7. Jennifer @ http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com

8. Jessi @ http://www.otherwhere.co

9. Chelsea @ http://booksturnbrains.blogspot.com

10. Kristin @ http://growingupya.blogspot.com

11. Alison @ http://www.alisoncanread.com

Okaaay, now the questions. That would be the hard part I guess.

1. When the tension in a book is too much to handle, what do you do?
2. Where do you like to read? Your most favorite place?
3. Is there a book that made you cry with real tears in some scenes and laugh heartily in others?? Which one?
4. Do you have a page limit when choosing your books?
5. While reading, what else do you do?
6. Since Maghon asked mainly about boys, I'm gonna turn feminist. So, who is your most favorite heroine and why?
7. If you receive a book for review, but half-way through you decide that no matter how hard you try it doesn't grab your attention, what do you do?
8. Do you write negative reviews if you really don't like a book? What would you say?
9. If a book's cover looks really hideous, but you've heard nice things about the story, would you read it?
10. What would you do if you come home and find your most favorite book chewed by your dog?

Whew!!! Exhausting!! All book questions, so that should be easy for you ladies :)))

Now onto my WAITING ON WEDNESDAY



Photobucket




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


This week, I'm limiting myself to just one title.


Title: Pure
Series: Covenant
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected publication date: April 3rd, 2012

Summary: 
There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

Why I'm waiting on it: Well, to be honest, I haven't read the first book or the prequel, but I like this author and I hear really good things about this series. So I thought, I'd just read them all when Pure comes out. This way I won't really have to wait for anticipation ;)

So how about you?? What are you waiting on this Wednesday?????????

Oh, and let me remind you all of my awesome giveaway that's going on until the 29th!!! Don't forget to sign up!! The button that will lead you to it is in the top left hand side bar, and the prizes are, well... you should see for yourself :)))

14 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like a great read! I haven't read the first book either but I know most of my friends love the author so it must be great! :)

    My Wow

    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    PS: new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Your WOW sounds good. I will have to check it out. I will get to the book tag sometime this week. I have not been feeling very good the last few days and it looks like it will take some thinking on my part lol. Have a good day.

    Sara @ upon a love story

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so die to read Pure!It's one of my most anticipated novels of the year!
    And thanks for tagging me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read Half-Blood yet!! I really need to get on that. Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we're getting more and more eager to read The next books written by Jennifer L Armentrout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH a beautiful cover!!! I totally love the smoky blue rose. :-)

    Love your enthusiasm for getting tagged! :-)

    Here's my Wow: Colorimetry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read Pure!! <3 <3 This book will be so amazing I can actually feel it! Awesome choice!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You haven't read the first *gasps* but you HAVE TO!! It is soooo amazing - this series and the author are amazing! So go and get the first :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, yeah, I know!!! I seriously know, and I want to read it, but I'm already burdening myself with 3 books per week (for reviews) and reading for myself kind of falls back :(
      But I promise I will read it first chance I get!!!

      Delete
  9. ahhhh this is my pick also!!! EEP!!!! im so excited for this!! and why the heck havent you read Half Blood yet!!! its so good!!! i love all of her work!!!! ugh!!! great GREAT pick!!!

    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. Truth be told, I also haven't read the first book and the prequel. It's there somewhere in the TBR pile. Teehee. Btw, if you'd like and if you have a mountain of a TBR pile, come and join the TBR Intervention Challenge (link).

    Thank you for stopping by and following right back. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've got my own meme going on that's quite useful for organizing my reading time. Truth be told, I don't think I can handle any more challenges :((

      Delete
  11. I still have to read Half-Blood but I hear it and all her books are amazing! Thanks for stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Soul Screamers. I can choose and I choose Tod and Jem! LOL

    Thanks for the tag
    Here are my answers
    http://somelikeitparanormall.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.