Second, for now, I will only be accepting Regency Romance novels. I'm on a roll, so you might just get lucky.
Before we go any further, please take the time to follow my blog. I've provided a variety of options, so at least one will suit you. Each such follow increases the chances to spread the word about YOUR book, so think about that.
Here's what you need to know before you request a review from me:1. I do NOT review:
- graphic novels,
- children's books,
- comic books,
- books about zombies
- explicit sex scenes (i.e. the story line revolving around them),
- grotesque violence,
- dominant foul language;
- contemporary romance,
- science fiction,
- urban fantasy & paranormal,
- dystopian (though I'm not much into those to be honest),
- psychological thrillers,
- other kinds of thrillers,
- historical fiction
- mysteries and suspense,
- Christian books, but I decide on those separately.
4. Unless otherwise requested, I use book images from GoodReads (if available) to go with the review;
5. I mostly review digital editions (KINDLE FORMATTED), due to the fact that I do not currently reside in the US. When this changes, I will post a note accordingly. However, if you still want to send me a physical copy of your book, I won't say no;
6. Reviews are usually done in a two to three week margin, though if I am particularly busy it may take longer.
7. I do reply to all requests, even such that I decide to decline;
8. Due to the large number of requests, I do not guarantee that yours will be approved;
9. I usually post the complete review here on my blog, on Goodreads and Amazon;
10. Please, do NOT write a request as a comment. I will not be held responsible if I do not answer it;
11. If I do decide to review your work, keep in mind that I WILL write my honest thoughts. If I don't like your book, I WILL say so;
12. I CANNOT be bribed to write a positive review of your book. If I really didn't like it, I won't even finish reading it and WILL say so;
13. I take no payment for my reviews, though if you'd like to send me a PAPERBACK copy for my efforts, I'd gladly take it. No, it won't guarantee a positive review.
I will be looking for the following information in the request e-mails (Please note that I'm a list kind of girl, so DO make me one with your book's details):
- Book title
- Author name
- Date of publication
- An image, if none is available through the above mentioned search engines
- Anything else that you may feel I need to know about your work
SAMPLE - I require to see the first chapter of your work before I decide whether I want to review it or not. Why? Too many times I've accepted books only to see that the writing style doesn't suit my likes. So, just to be safe, DO send me a sample.
Note: If you need the review posted before or after a specific date, please mention that somewhere in your request. Otherwise it will be posted as soon as I am able to write it.
If requested, the review can be posted on other sites as well (Smashwords, Book Depository etc.).
Any material from my reviews can be used for book promotions, as long as I am given credit accordingly.
If you'd like me to review a book, please contact me on the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
I reserve the right to change any or all of the above rules should I deem it necessary.