Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In her shoes ~ 8 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)





Question is, who to choose this week... A couple of female leads come to mind, but I'm gonna go with Mercy from the Cambion Series by Shannon Dermott. My review of the latest book in the series, Waiting for Mercy can be found here

So, who is Mercy? Well, she's not the average teenager, that's for sure. She's a half succubus with split personality. Her dark side, who goes by the name McKayla, is a lust demon whose only desire is to lure unsuspecting boys into mischief. Not that they'd mind, but still ;)

Anyway, I like Mercy's character. She's brave for a girl, yet isn't a kick a$$ heroine. She's not whiny, although sometimes she gets in those weird moods. The only thing about her that I don't like is her indecision. There are four boys in love with her, and she can't really decide which one of them she wants to be with. I find this a bit pathetic really, because two of the choices really aren't choices at all. Like Paul, who she obviously isn't in love with, but she still leads on for no reason. Then there's Luke the (fallen) angel, who's ready to give up everything to be with her without really thinking through the consequences. He's the one she loves and wants, though she can't really have him without feeling regret for it.
And then there are the two guys who'd be totally appropriate for her, who she almost ignores.  Almost, but not quite. Because there isn't a boy mentioned in this book that Mercy hasn't kissed, whether as herself or as McKayla. And while my heart belongs to Flynn (the gorgeous incubus that she lives in the same house with), hers is sort of undecided.
I feel like she loves Flynn, except she doesn't know about it yet. And she's holding back only because she thinks that he'd break her heart. I'm so curious of what would happen if the two of them ended up together.... I so wish they do!!!

So, what is your girl choice of the week?

3 comments:

  1. I heard about the series, want to read it sometime, but haven't yet.
    However, I have to agree with you that this expended love triangle is kinda weird, and will be very interesting to know how it solves itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I'm waiting for the next book to come out :)

      Delete
  2. Four guys in love with her. Wow. That seems like quite a complicated love triangle.

    I didn't do my In Her Shoes post today because I just started reading two new books, don't know the heroines too well yet so till next week it is.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.