Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In her shoes ~7~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


My heroine this week is a young lady by the name of Ruby Rose, leading female character in the book "Poison most vial" by Benedict Carey. My review of the story is available here.

So, what's so special about little Ms. Rose you ask? Her devotion to her family, for one, and her ability to analyze people and events with the eye of an investigator. Left only with her dad, she was fierce about protecting him from being wrongly accused in a murder. She was so determined to solve the case and prove her father innocent, that she dragged a bunch of kids and an old lady into the investigation process. With everyone's help behind her back, she plunged into the mystery, until she gathered the evidence she needed to expose the real murderer.

The girl was brave and somewhat reckless, but I liked that about her. She had guts to do what others couldn't. Sure, she could've gotten herself and her friends in loads of trouble, but that's what kids do. :)

Which heroine did you pick this week?


1 comment:

  1. Rose sounds like an awesome character. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.