Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Perfect Place to Read

It's Tuesday morning and I'm stuck at work like every day. Not that I'm complaining. I love my job for many reasons - like being occupied for about 5% of my work time. It allows me to write and read and study, and my boss is awesome and doesn't say a thing. This has been going on for the past 6 years now I think :DD

Anyway, so I was wondering, if I weren't at work, what I would be doing and 'reading' was the first thing that came to mind. Which led me to wondering where I would be reading, and hence today's topic.

I'm a nature lover and as such, reading outside is how I see myself. The best possible thing would be lying or sitting on a comfortable garden swing with a great book in my hands. Something like this

but with me on it. Nice, eh? Unfortunately, with all that snow outside, I'm much rather feeling like taking my time in front of a fireplace. Imagine the fire crackling, a box of delicious chocolates on the table in front of you, a yellow Lab in your feet or on your lap.... The perfect picture of harmony and bliss :))

Some people have weird reading habits. Like this....


 .... or this ...


... or even this...






.... which made me wonder What's your favorite place to read???

7 comments:

  1. If I'm being completely honest, my favourite place to read is on a sun lounger in a hot country while I sun bathe... but as this barely happens once every two-to-three years, it's not very practical!

    Generally I read in my armchair or curled up in my bed and I love to read with a lovely cup of tea in my hand or within my reach! :D

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, a sun lounger sounds incredibly tempting right now :))

      Delete
  2. lol I love the one with the guy bunched up at the top of the stairs!

    I read where I happen to be. It doesn't matter to me. Today I've already read

    1) Stood up on the platform waiting for my train
    2) Sat on the train
    3) At my desk at work

    And later I will read:

    4) In the canteen at work while I eat my lunch
    5) Back at my desk again
    6) Back on the platform again
    7) Back on the train again
    8) At home on the sofa
    9) In bed

    My favourite is probably bed cos then there are no distractions of TV or people talking to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be nice to be able to read while on the train. I have motion sickness :(

      Delete
    2. Aww that's too bad. Its weird cos I can read on the train fine, no problem. But I can't read on the bus. It makes me feel sick... strange I know :/

      Delete
  3. I like the swing and the fireplace, but I have to say one of my favourite paces to read is in bed with a nice cup of tea :). Btw, I'm jealous of your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My partneг аnd Ӏ abѕοlutely lovе your blog and finԁ
    the maјority of your pοst's to be just what I'm looking fοr.
    Does one offeг guest writers to ωrite
    content fоr you ρerѕοnally? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome blog!

    Also visit my weblog ... buy toys today

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.