Thursday, September 12, 2013

Book Review: Shallow Pond by Alissa Grosso


Shallow Pond

NOTE: I received the eARC through Netgalley.

Let me first say that I had no idea what I was getting myself into with this one. The summary made it sound like an interesting story. However, it turned out to be flat and one of those reads I just want to be through with, you know?

I think this would've made a much better futuristic novel if there were more details provided on how those girls ended up being the same. Not just claiming they were clones and that's the end of it. Seriously, the entire book (except the last few chapters) was full with incredibly silly speculations that made me want to just close it and never open it again.

Like I said, providing the necessary details can go a long way. As it were, we were just presented with a mystery that turned into a secret that simply came out in the open. And we were just left to wonder "what on earth?" There wasn't even a good romance going on to compensate for the dullness of the storyline. So, most of the time I was left wondering why I was reading this book in the first place.

I guess the topics the author addresses are relevant, but the way they're presented is flat and boring. There's talk of abuse, sick obsession, misinterpretation of facts, yada yada. But I couldn't care less. Which makes the book not good enough.

My rating is 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.