Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Book Review: Storm by Brigid Kemmerer


Storm

Well, let me tell you that after I read Storm, I just went on straight ahead and read Spark and Spirit as well. Because they were that good! So, I'm writing this review kind of in a retrospect, analyzing all three books and mainly focusing on Storm.

One thing I noticed, and to tell you the truth, it's quite amazing, really, is how Kemmerer has been able to capture and match the tone of each novel to the personality of the lead male character. For example, Storm features Chris Merrick, who has affinity to water. The voice of the book is calm and relaxing, like flowing water.

Spark features Gabriel, whose talent is to work with fire and well, the tone of that book is passionate, irrational and well.. fiery.

Then there's Hunter's voice in Spirit. And it's so emotional, going hot and cold all the time, it's utterly incredible!

And to think that the author could come up with individual writing styles for each boy's book... well that's pure talent.

Anyway. So, Storm.

it's beautiful. It's full of mystery (though the reader is privy to it all). it's the story of Becca, an average girl, living in an average tow, who finds herself at the wrong place in the right time. She saves Chris Merrick from nearly being killed and that's how the saga begins.

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately for us readers) it's definitely NOT where it ends. There are yet more secrets that are revealed gradually. There are relationships that get developed and others that get broken. New people come, new things happen. Who's who is incredibly difficult to tell.

And in the midst of it all, love springs to life where least expected. Brothers' ties are broken/mended/developed.

One thing is sure. The ride is exhilarating and will blow your mind.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.