Tuesday, June 5, 2012

In her shoes ~14~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


For today I've decided to discuss one of my favorite characters out there. She's been in five books already, and she's grown from a soft, timid, insecure girl into a confident, strong and resourceful warrior. I'm talking about Clarissa Fray, a.k.a. Clary from Cassandra Clare's TMI series.

If you haven't met Clary yet, let me tell you a little about her. In book 1, City of Bones, she was scared. She didn't know what was happening to her and why. She felt betrayed and weak and too much dependent on people (or not people at all) who she had just met.

Now, five books later, there's a huge transformation in her character. Now she can fight both a physical and mental battle. Now she has the power to draw ancient runes. Now she has a head on her shoulders - one that thinks quite nicely. She is in love and she isn't afraid to put her life in danger for the person who gives meaning to her life. 

I love her fighter spirit, her reasoning and the fact that she's able to make the right decisions even when they hurt like hell. Clary has grown, and she has grown well. She follows her love in truth and loyalty. And she's most certainly a person I'd love to step in the shoes of.

Also because I'd love some alone time with Jace LOL

So, whose shoes would you like to step into this week?

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree that Clary has grown perfectly. However, I still find her a little too insecure about her relationship with Jace, always frightened he'd leave her, although she knows better. I guess that's about the last part of her that still has to grow up. It'd probably be a good idea to spend some more time with Isabelle. x) But then, on the contrary, aren't we all fools in love?
    Nice post! =) Shoe's I stepped into this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read City of Bones so I can't comment on her growth as a character but I am so happy to hear that her character has grown a lot and that she is stronger because I really liked her in book 1 and look forward to reading about her journey in the rest of the TMI books.

    Hear you on Jace :D

    My In Her Shoes post this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.