Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In her shoes ~27~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


This week I'd like to present to you a very special girl. Her name is Mia and she's the heroine in Kat Beyer's "The Demon Catchers of Milan". What's so special about her, you might ask, and I'm going to tell you.

Mia has the blood of a demon catcher flowing through her veins. But she's never known it. Not until she's possessed by the very demon who's been haunting her family for centuries. Many do not survive a possession, but Mia's not like everyone else. She has the guts to fight. And after figuring out exactly what she's up against, she's ready for revenge. I can't wait for the next book to come out, so I could see Mia in her full potential. I have the feeling that she's got some powers that not even her Italian relatives have thought possible.

I was also very pleasantly surprised that Mia wasn't just the girl who had everything, who was given and told everything. She had to figure things out on her own. Like why were all the candles lit in Nonno's candle shop? And why on earth wasn't anyone supposed to breathe on them? She's smart though, so it didn't take her long. I was really proud of her :)

Who's shoes would you like to step into this week?

2 comments:

  1. Mia sounds like someone I'd like. And Demon Catcher blood? That also sounds like something kinda new and worth trying.
    Thanks for sharing, Vanya! =)
    My In Her Shoes post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this book but I really like the sound of it and Mia sounds like a very awesome and unique character. Thanks so much for sharing, Vanya. Great post :)

    My In Her Shoes post

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.