Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In her shoes ~ 25 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


Well, I sort of missed posting last Tuesday, but what can I say? No female character impressed me much. That's too bad, I know.

There's this one girl that I read about, Erin from Gwynneth White's Pledged, who kind of earned being featured this week. But I gotta warn you, it's not because of her strength of character, or brilliant mind or anything like that.

It was more the things she was lacking that made me feature her.

To be honest, I thought she was a pretty weak character. She went with the flow rather than fight for what she believed in. She was quick to 'fall in love', and because of that her feelings felt pretty unreal to me. You can't one moment not be in love, and then the next be told that "hey, that guy is your soul mate!", and you totally fall for that. Umm, no.  Not realistic at all.

So, I'd be sure to do at least that differently. Believe in my own heart, not in people's words.

Erin's my pick, who's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so she was that type of character. I don't like it when they just kinda lack a back bone or personality.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Vanya.

    My In Her Shoes post.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.