Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #19



Photobucket



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:




Title: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar
Series: Steampunk Chronicles, Book 2
Author: Kady Cross
Release date: May 22nd, 2012

Summary:
In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous.

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves.

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.


Why I want to read it:
For several reasons actually: 1) I love the cover so, so much!! That purple dress and that heavy-looking collar! I haven't read "The Girl with the Steel Corset" yet, but I have it and am planning to do a Kady Cross marathon one of these weeks :) 2) I have it thru Netgalley and so all I need to do is click a button. How awesome is that!?!

What are you waiting on this week?