Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In her shoes ~11~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


Right, so today I have a special lady to introduce to you. Her name is Daphne, and she's the lead female in Brenna Yovanoff's "The Space Between".

She's a demon, the last daughter of Lucifer and Lilith. But except for her heritage (and honestly, who could change that about themselves?), there's nothing demonic about her. I mean, she's so honest all the time, so concerned about everyone but herself, that to me she doesn't fall into the underworld category. She's more angelic than anything, and I was totally pissed when the actual angel couldn't see the good in her.

Anyways, I loved the way she risked her life rushing to the rescue of her brother. I loved her quiet demeanor, and her desire to protect those she cared about. But most of all, I was totally fascinated about how her love saved Truman (the boy she loved) from damnation. If anything can redeem it's love, right?

So, I wouldn't change a thing about Daphne. She was more worthy of a nice life full with warmth than any of the other characters. Because her heart was so innocent, so pure, it was truly amazing :)

So, whose shoes would you like to step into this week?