Tuesday, May 29, 2012

In her shoes ~ 13 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


I had a bit of an internal discussion with myself about which heroine to share with you today. I thought about Kate from Wilde's Fire, but for some reason I don't feel like talking about a character that I personally couldn't get to like. So, my other choice will be holding the stage.

She's tough and gentle at the same time. She's reckless, hard to kill, and looking for the adrenaline of danger. She has a soft soul that aches for love and understanding. She's two persons in one, in the process of merging them together. Her name is Finley Jayne, and she's the lead female character in Kady Cross's Steampunk Series. I didn't really like her in book 1, The Girl in the Steel Corset, because her identity wasn't very well portrayed. I was more confused about her, than any of the other characters. But book 2, The Girl in the Clockwork Collar described a completely different person. Here Finley has grown into a young woman who doesn't only want to save her own life. She's grown tough and she fiercely defends those whom she'd started to care about. I loved the completeness of her character, I loved that she searched righteousness for others, and that she was ready to risk her own life for the safety of her friends.

Mostly though I loved how well she seemed to handle young duke Griffin King, who was slowly falling for her head over heels. She got him out of his skin on several occasions, which led to revelations she would've never dreamed of. I had real fun reading their banter and getting in their heads. They reminded me of Will Herondale and Tessa Gray from Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices, but were also quite unique in their own way.

So, whose shoes would you want to step into this week?

3 comments:

  1. Nice choice. I'm looking forward to reading those, I'll get around to it some day. ^^
    Shoes I stepped into this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. They reminded you of Will and Tessa.? That makes them automatically awesome, haha. Thanks for sharing, Vanya! And I totally understand. I mostly like to talk about the heroines I liked, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they reminded me of Will and Tessa. The story was steampunk, so it had some things in common :)

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.