Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #36

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:


Title: The Shadow Society
Series: none
Author: Marie Rutkoski
Release date: October 16th, 2012 (hardback)

 
Summary:
Darcy Jones doesn’t remember anything before the day she was abandoned as a child outside a Chicago firehouse. She has never really belonged anywhere—but she couldn’t have guessed that she comes from an alternate world where the Great Chicago Fire didn’t happen and deadly creatures called Shades terrorize the human population.

Memories begin to haunt Darcy when a new boy arrives at her high school, and he makes her feel both desire and desired in a way she hadn’t thought possible. But Conn’s interest in her is confusing. It doesn’t line up with the way he first looked at her.

As if she were his enemy.

When Conn betrays Darcy, she realizes that she can’t rely on anything—not herself, not the laws of nature, and certainly not him. Darcy decides to infiltrate the Shadow Society and uncover the Shades’ latest terrorist plot. What she finds out will change her world forever . . .

In this smart, compulsively readable novel, master storyteller Marie Rutkoski has crafted an utterly original world, characters you won’t soon forget, and a tale full of intrigue and suspense. 

 
 Why I want to read it:

1) The cover just took my breath away. I love the greenish-blue colors, and they mirror image effect;
2) The mystery behind this Conn character;
3) The Shades - who they are? what they want?
4) This alternate world really pulls me in :)

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week? 

GIVEAWAY REMINDER:


THREE giveaways are currently running on my blog - "Pledged", "The Burning Star" and one of Jane Kindred's books: "The Fallen Queen" or "The Midnight Court". You can check them out and participate here .

Oh, and please leave links to your WOW posts, so I can stop by! Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. I love this cover, it's so pretty! Synopsis sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories with alternate worlds! I can't wait to read this one...that premise is so intriguing! Betrayal. Secret societies. Terrorist plots. I'm sold! :)

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm eagerly waiting for this too!! Great pick!

    Check out my WoW! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super interesting! And yep, that cover is fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This DOES sound intriguing. The cover is really beautiful, but the title also caught my attention--awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one! It sounds sooo good and very interesting! Great pick! :D

    My WoW post! 


    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh that looks intriguing! I like the cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first that I've heard of this book, but I'm hooked! I'll definitely be reading this one when it's released!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a cool story. I love the cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this one a few times today. Nice pick! :) I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just received this one just last week. I can't wait to start it.
    Awesome choice!

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love alternate words, mysteries, an paranormal societies! Very curious about this one. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.