Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #35

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:



Title: Dominion
Series:  Guardian Angels, book 1
Author: Melody Manful
Release date: August 20th, 2012 (paperback)
August 25th, 2012 (on KINDLE)

Summary:
I Dare You.
Look Over Your Shoulders.
Do You See Them?
They are behind you...
They are always behind you.

Abigail Cells had a nightmare the day before she met Gideon, the new guy in school who has every girl drooling just to be near him. In her nightmare, she was murdered by a magical creature. As she gets to know Gideon, she begins to remember pieces of her nightmare, and was shocked when Gideon turned out to be the creature from her nightmare. Who is Gideon really, should Abby allow herself to fall completely for him, or is he the next disaster waiting to happen?
 Why I want to read it:

1) The cover looks gorgeous. True, it's a bit more cartoon-like than realistic, but hey, it's pretty!
2) I'm a sucker for angel/demon stories, and this one seems to be just right there in that genre.

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week? 

GIVEAWAY REMINDER:


Two giveaways are currently running on my blog. You can check them out and participate here 

Oh, and please leave links to your WOW posts, so I can stop by! Thanks!

18 comments:

  1. I've never seen this book before! The cover is a little cartoonish, but it kinda works! Awesome!

    This week's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this yet either. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this either but it sounds really good. And i actually love the cover even though it's cartoonic (i don't even think that's a word.)

    Great pick and thanks for sharing! =D

    Check out my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cartoonish cover- it's different. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! New follower here via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh....this sounds cool! I love the cover too! Great pick and thanks for sharing! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book looks really good! :)

    My WoW
    http://papercutsya.blogspot.com/2012/08/wow-82212.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this before somewhere. Not a fan of those PC-sluggishly done covers, but if the story makes up for it... Hope you'll enjoy, I might keep an eye on that one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this looks awfully interesting. I hadn't heard of it before but it sounds good. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Thanks for visiting my blog and for following.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it! My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can win this one on Goodreads as first pick! Just so you know :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love angels and demons too! And oohhh the creature from her nightmares! But hopefully he is protecting her?! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds really interesting! The cover kinda reminds me of the Personal Demons series, girl plus 2 guys, one light, one dark :) Great WoW! Following back! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, new follower of your beautiful blog! I LOVE your pick!! Yes, the cover is definitely very pretty, and the story sounds very exciting! Straight into my TBR pile!! Thanks for sharing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally looks like a graphic novel from the cover, and the synopsis follows suite! Very interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Otherwhere.Co

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree. That cover is gorgeous. Who is the publisher? This is a very original choice. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.