Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In her shoes ~22~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


Today I want to share with you one awesome female. Some people might consider her foolish, but I think she's brave and kind and most of all, loving.

Her name is Abby Abernathy, from Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster novel.

Let me tell you about Abby... she's got a past that she ran away from. A past with a hateful father who used her for his benefit, and then hated her for 'failing' him. A past with a drunk mother, who nobody even wants to talk about.

In my book, Abby should be an emotional wreck - unstable, irresponsible, and completely out there. But she's none of those things. She's even forgiving towards her father, and caring enough to put her own life on the line to save his.

True, she makes some poor choices, but which nineteen year old girl doesn't?

She's real, she's got her head on her shoulders, and she makes it so that no one and nothing would bring her down. She's her own person, making her own decisions. Failing sometimes, yes, but also soaring at others.

I wouldn't change one thing about her character. Not even her stubbornness - because sometimes to be stubborn may preserve you from a lot of pain.

That was Abby. Who's your girl this week?

3 comments:

  1. Abby sounds AWESOME!
    I still havent read this book, but I plan to SOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby sounds like a great character. I hear you on the stubbornness. Sometimes it can get you through a lot and can help you overcome troubles.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reviewed this book and I absolutely adored Abby as well! I thought she was a breath of fresh air after loads of YA books stuffed with weak female leads! :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.