Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #6


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My picks this week are:

#1



Title: Under Nameless Stars
Series: A Zenn Scarlett Novel
Genre: Sci-Fi
Audience: YA
Author: Christian Schoon
Release date: April 1st, 2014
Publisher:  Angry Robot (Strange Chemistry)

Summary:

Zenn Scarlett’s novice year of exoveterinarian training on Mars isn’t quite going to plan…
After facing a plot to destroy her school and its menagerie of alien patients, could things get worse? Yes, they could: her absent father has been kidnapped.
Desperate to find him, Zenn stows away aboard the Helen of Troy, a starliner powered by one of the immense, dimension-jumping beasts known as Indra. With her is Liam Tucker, a Martian boy who is either very fond of her, very dangerous to her, or both. On the verge of learning the truth about her father, Zenn’s quest suddenly catapults her and Liam thousands of light years beyond known space, and into the dark heart of a monstrous conspiracy.
Braving a gauntlet of lethal environments and unearthly life forms, Zenn’s courage is tested as never before. With the fate of entire worlds in the balance, she is racing headlong into trouble… again.

 Why I want to read it:

Aliens? On Mars? Strange and dangerous boy? Why on earth won't I want to get my hands on it? Of course I do!

#2



Title: Sing Sweet Nightingale
Series: The Dream War Saga
Genre: paranormal romance
Audience:  YA
Author: Erica Cameron
Release date: March 4th, 2014
Publisher:  Spencer Hill Press

Summary:

Mariella Teagen hasn't spoken a word in four years.

She pledged her voice to Orane, the man she loves—someone she only sees in her dreams. Each night, she escapes to Paradise, the world Orane created for her, and she sings for him. Mariella never believed she could stay in Paradise longer than a night, but two weeks before her eighteenth birthday, Orane hints that she may be able to stay forever.

Hudson Vincent made a pledge to never fight again.

Calease, the creature who created his dream world, swore that giving up violence would protect Hudson. But when his vow caused the death of his little brother, Hudson turned his grief on Calease and destroyed the dream world. The battle left him with new abilities and disturbing visions of a silent girl in grave danger—Mariella.

Now, Hudson is fighting to save Mariella's life while she fights to give it away. And he must find a way to show her Orane’s true intentions before she is lost to Paradise forever.


  Why I want to read it:

The idea of leading war in dreams fascinates me. Dreams as a whole are something I love exploring, as they're always so different, vivid at times and even if we don't know it, they leave a mark on our subconscious minds.

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

NOTE: To those of you who haven't noticed, I'm featuring a giveaway of 1 copy of Jennifer L. Armentrout's White Hot Kiss. Yeah, you got it - it's the 1st Dark Elements book. The trick here is, if there are A LOT of entries on it, I'll be choosing TWO WINNERS!!! So, go sign up and tell your friends! TO GIVEAWAY!

10 comments:

  1. Ohh I really need to read Zenn Scarlet soon, and then I can get to Under Nameless Stars. I love sci-fi so I'm quite excited to read these.
    Great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I had no idea this wasn't the first book. Gosh, what a bummer :((

      Delete
  2. I love the cover of the 2nd one! When I saw it on Netgalley I would have clicked the request button if it weren't YA *sigh* Hope they are great!

    Minea

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh intriguing reads! Both are new to me but I hope you love them both once you get a hold of them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sing Sweet Nightingale looks very good, I kinda want to read it now. Thanks for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! You've reminded me that I never finished Zenn Scarlet! I think that'll have to chance, especially since the sequel sounds so good. Strange Chemistry has done SO well with these covers--they're just gorgeous--and Christian is just absurdly nice. :) And I'd told myself I didn't need to request Sing Sweet Nightingale but I read the synopsis and now I NEED it. Dang. Great picks!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now you just tempted me to get these on Netgalley. I've been avoiding clicking new titles there since I haven't exactly posted reviews of the books I previously requested. *smiles sheepishly* Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read Zen Scarlett, but I've been approve of Under Nameless Stars, so I think I will be reading both book pretty soon. I hope I enjoy them. Great picks Vanya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not familiar with the Zenn Scarlett series but it sounds very interesting. I'll have to check out the first one.

    Sing Sweet Nightingale has an great cover, an amazing title and a very, very intriquing plot! Also adding to my to-read list!

    Great shares! Thanks for stopping by
    my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.