Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #5


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My picks this week are:

#1



Title: Where Silence Gathers
Series: A companion novel to Some Quiet Place
Genre: fantasy
Audience: YA
Author: Kelsey Sutton
Release date: July 8th, 2014
Publisher:  Flux

Summary:

In this companion novel to the critically acclaimed Some Quiet Place, Alex must choose between Revenge and Forgiveness.
Seventeen-year-old Alexandra Tate sits outside Nate Foster’s house, clutching a gun. After serving ten years for the drunk driving accident that killed Alex’s family, Nate has been released from prison. Every night, Alex waits out of sight, building up the courage to exact her own justice. There’s just one problem: Forgiveness.
Alex has been able to see personified Emotions for as long as she can remember, and Revenge is her best friend. But when Forgiveness suddenly appears, he offers Alex a choice—getting even or moving on. It’s impossible to decide when Revenge whispers in one ear . . . and Forgiveness whispers in the other.

 Why I want to read it:

If you haven't read Some Quiet Place, then you surely have missed out! It was an amazing book, with fresh ideas, realistic characters who suffer through life's weird circumstances. I loved SQP and I just NEED to have Where Silence Gathers!!!

#2



Title: Captivate Me
Series: I'm not sure
Genre: paranormal romance
Audience:  YA
Author: S.J.Pierce
Release date: April 1st, 2014
Publisher:  indie

Summary:

“My mom had always told me – when you meet “the one”, you’ll know; they’ll captivate your heart the moment you lay eyes on them. I had always wondered, though, if my mom’s words of wisdom were finite – if they applied to everyone. Maybe those who had found their one great love were the lucky few, and maybe the rest of us would have to settle for less than earth-shattering.”

Seventeen-year-old Kat Walsh is a Gifted – a human with paranormal abilities. With her mom a former Angel and her dad a dream prophet, it’s always been in her genetic make-up to be extraordinary. Unfortunately for her, the world can’t handle the strange or unusual. So when she slips up and uses her powers at her high school in Ireland, the entire student body treats her like a freak – even the ones she thought were her closest friends.

Broken, but hopeful for a fresh start, she allows her parents to enroll her in a boarding school buried deep within the forests of a small Colorado town. At Midland Pines, School for the Gifted, she feels as though she can finally be herself; she makes new friends and even has the attention of the most popular guy in school – Levi. Everything feels normal again… or does it?

Not long after her arrival, weird dreams of an alluring boy whom she’s never met surface during the night, and the eerie, shadowy trees encircling their school seem to call to her. As these disturbing, yet enticing developments intensify, other bizarre occurrences happen – students and staff turn up missing, and mystery visitors leave gifts while she sleeps. With all of these other things vying for her attention, a desperate Levi has to fight even harder to keep her interest. But with the dreams of the attractive boy slowly captivating her heart, Kat has to make a choice – will she settle for ‘great’ Levi, or will she search for her elusive dream visitor, possibly stumbling across ‘amazing?’

From the author of the Alyx Rayer Chronicles, comes a refreshingly different Young Adult series with plenty of love, suspense, and a new take on the Paranormal.


  Why I want to read it:

Well, I did a cover release feature for this one last week and fell in love with the cover and synopsis. Thought I'd share it with you guys today :) Sounds and looks fabulous!

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

NOTE: To those of you who haven't noticed, I'm featuring a giveaway of 1 copy of Jennifer L. Armentrout's White Hot Kiss. Yeah, you got it - it's the 1st Dark Elements book. The trick here is, if there are A LOT of entries on it, I'll be choosing TWO WINNERS!!! So, go sign up and tell your friends! TO GIVEAWAY!

13 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Some Quiet Place, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna eat up the whole series. ^^ The other pick sounds good, too! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captivate me sounds good, will be adding it to my want to read list! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Some quiet place have been on my TBR list for a long time, it's such an intriguing concept! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent heard of these. Great picks!


    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cover of Where Silence Gathers! I haven't heard of the other series, but it sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy both when they come out!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOhh nice! These are both new to me but look incredible! Great picks!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for Where Silence Gathers is so pretty. Not too keen on the summary of the book however

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! These are both new to me but they both looks great.Thanks for sharing :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! These both sound awesome, even though they are new to me! Awesome picks, Vanya! Have a great week!

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read the first Sutton book...great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the covers of Kelsey Suttons books and can't wait to read them
    thank you for stopping by
    88dreamers @ Seriesly Reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've requested Where Silence Gathers on Netgalley. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get it. Great picks!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.