Monday, November 26, 2012

My Monday gets!

Happy new week, people! How are you enjoying the lovely Monday? I do hope and pray that my UK followers aren't figuring out how to live underwater.. Anyway, so let me share which books I got last week. Actually, as I think of it, it's just been one book.


Summary from GoodReads:

Just who is Halíka Dacomé?

To Roswith her grandmother. She enjoys meeting new friends and catching up with old ones from her childhood holidays — except now she must hide a precious secret from everyone, a gift from birth that defies modern day science. 

Her dreams become riddled with a warrior woman called Halíka Dacomé, but are they visions or messages from the future? She starts her own investigation but encounters more questions than answers. Living right on the edge of Warminster in Wiltshire doesn’t help with its folklore and myths about strange lights in the sky and ghost stories of the Salisbury Plain

Not only that, her troubles really take hold one night when the mysterious Aiden Deverill with his alluring smile, his gorgeous dark looks and hypnotising blue eyes, saves her from a freak fire. Or did he?

For Rose, her new life is beginning but she soon realises that despite assurances people are not always what they seem. What she always believed to be a happy family and a friendly town soon turns on its head when she discovers that her family secret, Aiden Deverill and the truth behind Halíka Dacomé is at the heart of the whole conspiracy.


I got the book from Netgalley. It was first published in 2011, and is about to be published again. So I thought, why not? I've seen both positive and negative reviews of it, so I"m curious on where I'd stand :)



1 comment:

  1. 1st time hearing of this. Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing, Vanya! :)

    And happy reading, girl! ;)


    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.