Tuesday, November 6, 2012

In her shoes ~31~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


The Paladin Prophesy is the last book I read. The narration was done from a male POV, and since this is a girl-related MEME, I thought I would skip this week's post. However, I remembered this character, Elise, who was super cool and just plain awesome and I thought I should give her some praise.

True, Elise was not a main character. She wasn't even the main character's girlfriend. But she was a devoted - even if brooding - friend and I really loved her.

In the beginning, Elise was forbidding and distant. She didn't trust the new arrival to the Center - a.k.a. Will West. But that was only on the outside. In her heart she knew he was someone special, and she was just waiting for him to AWAKEN to who he was. She stood by his side and helped even at the cost of her own health.

How could you not love her? Her quiet love and suffering at the loss of her boyfriend, which she carried with great dignity and bravery were like a crown to her character.

Elise is my pick this week, who's shoes would you like to step into this week?

2 comments:

  1. Elise sounds like an awesome character. I'll be makring The Paladin Prophecy as to read, thanks a lot, Vanya!
    Shoe's I stepped into this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this book before. Elise sounds like a really great character. Thanks for the insight on her.

    I sadly couldn't do my post this week, have so much going on. But def next week. Awesome post and thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.