Monday, November 19, 2012

My Monday gets!

Happy Monday morning ya'll! Was the weekend good for you? It sure was for me, since I knocked down one of my exams. Just one more to go! YAY!!!

So here are the books I got last week:


Most dads love their daughters, but they're uncertain how they can show that love in a way their daughters understand...or figure out what their girls really need from them.

Jay Payleitner has given thousands of dads great, man-friendly advice in his bestselling 52 Things Kids Need from a Dad. Now Jay guides his readers into what is unexplored territory for many of them--girl land--giving them ways to...

do things with their daughters, not just for them lecture less and listen more be on the lookout for "hero moments" and take advantage of them realize that their daughters are females...and tailor their actions and responses accordingly give their daughters a positive view of the male sex
Dads will feel respected and encouraged--not made to feel guilty--and they'll gain confidence to initiate activities that build lifelong positives into their girls. Great gift or men's group resource.


Okay, I know you'll probably look at this first title and say "Huh, she must be kidding! Why'd she want to read that book?" Well, then answer is simple, I want my hubby to be informed about these things. And even though our daughteris just a little over a month old, it's never too early to start preparing for these things. :)


My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.




These are my last week's gets, what are yours?

1 comment:

  1. Luminosity looks good. Adding to my to-read list. Happy reading and thanks for sharing, Vanya! :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.