Tuesday, October 2, 2012

In her shoes ~29~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)



Well, I just finished reading Conjure by Lea Nolan last night, and I was very captivated by the lead female character, Emmaline Guthrie.

She started out just like any ordinary teenager at summer break - she enjoyed her time around her brother and unrequited love - Connor.

But then things get a bit out of hand when ancient curses come to play and Emma is stuck in the middle of it all. Now she either must stand aside and watch both boys fade out of life, or find a way to free them of centuries old feud.

This is where her character turns from timid to passionate and brave. This is where her limits are tested, along with her heart and mind. I loved her thinking, and the selflessness when dealing with the supernatural. She was amazing, and had all those nuances of the character - from angry to peaceful, to loving. I believe she completely deserves to be featured in this post :)



Who's shoes would you like to step into this week?

1 comment:

  1. I have not heard of this book. So glad to hear you liked Emma's character. I def need to add this to my to read list. Thanks so much for sharing, Vanya.

    I sadly couldn't do my In her Shoes post, since I have not been able to read anything new. But hopefully next week :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.