Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #4

Good day to you all!!
Before I post my WoW, I'd like to let you know that a review of "Beg for Mercy" by Shannon Dermott has been posted in my Book Reviews section. Please check it out and leave me a comment :))


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

And here are my choices for this week's WoW:

Title: A Beautiful Evil
Series: Gods and Monsters
Author: Kelly Keaton
Expected publication date: February 21st, 2012
Summary:
A power she can’t deny. A destiny she’s determined to fight.

When Ari first arrived in the dilapidated city of New 2, all she wanted was to figure out who she was. But what she discovered was beyond her worst nightmare. Ari can already sense the evil growing inside her—a power the goddess Athena will stop at nothing to possess.

Desperate to hold on to her humanity and protect her loved ones, Ari must fight back. But Athena’s playing mind games, not just with Ari but with those she cares about most. And Athena has a very special plan for the brooding and sexy Sebastian.

Ari is determined to defeat Athena, but time is running out. With no other options, Ari must unleash the very thing she’s afraid of: herself.


 Why I want to read it: Well, first - just look at the cover. Don't you want to read it? And second, I love me some of hot sexy Sebastian :))


and
Title: Wings of the Wicked
Series: Angelfire
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Expected publication date: January 31st, 2012
Summary:
Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.  


Why I want to read it: Because I loved book 1. It was so tense and full with action and nice romance snippets, I really loved it.


What are your picks today??

19 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love the cover for A Beautiful Evil! *-* very nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I can't wait for that one either!

    Not to stalk you or anything, but I saw your comment at another blog I follow and saw that the WoW was Partials and you said it was on Netgalley and you got rejected. Don't give up! I've been rejected a few times for galleys I really wanted to read there, and I didn't stop requesting after 1 time. After like the 2nd time or so I did get whatever galley it was!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thank you Jess :)) I've tried 2 times and got 2 rejections. But I'll give it one more shot :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read Wings of the Wicked! It looks soooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! And I expect it to be just as action-ridden as Angelfire :)))

      Delete
  4. I want to read both of them as well!Nice choices :)
    I followed you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of either of these books, but I'm glad to discover your blog! Thanks for following; I'm a new follower of yours, too! A good friend of mine in college was from Bulgaria - I've always wanted to go visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come then :)) I'm sure you'll like it!

      Delete
  6. Great picks! I haven't heard of either of these books, but I'll definitely have to check them out when they hit stores!
    Thanks for stopping by! *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool picks!! I shall keep an eye out for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe !! YEAH for Wings of the Wicked!! Oh and your other books is a great choice too, I loved the first one and now the cover is even better. The first cover was very boring..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a boring cover for this one too, but it's obvious why I chose this one for my post. It's intriguing and pretty :)))

      Delete
  9. NICE CHOICES!! Yes, I love the snake in her hair on that cover, it just makes me want to see what's inside. Love your enthusiasm for the other, too - sweet!! Thx for hopping by my Wow!! I'm a new GFC follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh I haven't read the first books of these series but I really really must! They both sound amazing :) Great picks and thanks for stopping by!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really awesome picks! I'm also looking forward for these books!
    New follower btw!

    @Book Whales

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome picks! I haven't read Angelfire but I'm eying on the second book too! A Beautiful Evil cover makes me giddy... I have a phobia with snakes :/

    Thanks for dropping by~

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks, I haven't read Angelfire and when a friend found out she ordered it for me lol, so I should have it tomorrow woo hoo =)
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome awesome picks! I have yet to read Angelfire. I really really need to. And A Beautiful Evil sounds awesome. The cover is just so cool. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog too!


    xx
    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for not replying earlier--I totally forgot :( I think A Beautiful Evil sounds great and I'd love to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.