Monday, January 16, 2012

Top of the Pile on Monday Morning #3

Before I post today's Top of the Pile, I'd like to let you guys know that my review of "Witchy, Witchy" by Penelope King is now available on my Book Reviews page! I hope you enjoy it!!!


"Top of the Pile on Monday Morning" is a weekly MEME hosted by Vanya D. here on YA Story Teller. It features up to three books that I plan to read for the week.


Hello, hello on a beautiful Monday morning!

I am hosting this new MEME, featured every Monday. If you want to participate, you need to do the following 3 things:

1. Either grab the button or paste the MEME in your post;
2. Tell us about the books you're planning to read this week. Include a picture of them. A blurb (or summary) is not necessary, though if you feel like it, you may certainly share it. Please make this a realistic choice, as we wouldn't want to see repeating titles.
3. Let us know why you chose those books exactly.
4. Follow your host, and register in the links below this post.
 Thanks!!!

Good morning, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and are recharged to begin the new week with enthusiasm!!!
And here are my reading choices for this week:
Book #1:
Title: Beg for Mercy
Author: Shannon Dermott
Series: Cambion

Blurb: Everyone dreams of that first kiss. Of that magic moment when your lips finally meet those of that special person you’ve waited your whole life for. A little awkward, a little scary, a little hot and every bit amazing. We speculate that the whole world will shake and time will just stop. No one, however, ever imagines that kiss to bring Death himself knocking. 

Why I want to read it: Two reasons. One - it really sounds amazing, and it's been waiting on my list for a while and two - I received it from the author for an honest review!! How awesome is that??


Book #2:
Title: Something Witchy This Way Comes
Author: Veronica Blade
Series: None (for the moment..?)


Blurb: Brainiac Tessa McClean’s newly discovered magical powers give her an escape from her self-absorbed parents. But the thrill of being a witch fades when she learns of a rival coven and begins to suspect her own coven’s motives. Evidence tells Tessa to trust one side, but instinct drives her toward the other. When the school’s scrumptious delinquent, Hayden Anders, offers Tessa self-defense lessons in exchange for tutoring, his timing couldn’t be better. 

Why I want to read it:  Again - two reasons. One is for a review. Two is because I've heard some really nice things about this novel, and I want to see if they're true. I love me something witchy!


Book #3 (if I have time to squeeze it in):
Title: Obsidian
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux


Blurb:  
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Why I want to read it: Well, first - because my GoodReads friends have blown my mind telling me how good it is. And then, because I hear there's some really good banter in there, and I L-O-V-E banter :)))





No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.