Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #16



Photobucket





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


My pick this week is:



Title: City of Lost Souls
Series: The Mortal Instruments, Book 5
Author: Cassandra Clare
Release date: May 8th, 2012

Summary:
The demon Lilith has been destroyed and Jace has been freed from her captivity. But when the Shadowhunters arrive to rescue him, they find only blood and broken glass. Not only is the boy Clary loves missing–but so is the boy she hates, Sebastian, the son of her father Valentine: a son determined to succeed where their father failed, and bring the Shadowhunters to their knees.

No magic the Clave can summon can locate either boy, but Jace cannot stay away—not from Clary. When they meet again Clary discovers the horror Lilith’s dying magic has wrought—Jace is no longer the boy she loved. He and Sebastian are now bound to each other, and Jace has become what he most feared: a true servant of Valentine’s evil. The Clave is determined to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. Will the Shadowhunters hesitate to kill one of their own?

Only a small band of Clary and Jace’s friends and family believe that Jace can still be saved — and that the fate of the Shadowhunters’ future may hinge on that salvation. They must defy the Clave and strike out on their own. Alec, Magnus, Simon and Isabelle must work together to save Jace: bargaining with the sinister Faerie Queen, contemplating deals with demons, and turning at last to the Iron Sisters, the reclusive and merciless weapons makers for the Shadowhunters, who tell them that no weapon on this earth can sever the bond between Sebastian and Jace. Their only chance of cutting Jace free is to challenge Heaven and Hell — a risk that could claim any, or all, of their lives.

And they must do it without Clary. For Clary has gone into the heart of darkness, to play a dangerous game utterly alone. The price of losing the game is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she even still trust him? Or is he truly lost? What price is too high to pay, even for love?

Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.


Why I want to read it:
OMG! Because I need another shot of pure adrenaline, that's why! Just READ the summary above and tell me you don't want to read it. I know I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of COLS!!!! MUST HAVE MORE JACE!!! :DDD

What are you waiting on this week?

46 comments:

  1. Oh I'm definitely waiting for this one! City of Fallen Angels left on such a huge cliffhanger that I died a little bit... Can't wait until City of Lost Souls comes out :D

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? That cliffhanger was a killer!! Can't wait till May!

      Delete
  2. So many people are looking forward to this. I've only read book one in the series so far, but plan to continue soon.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You should definitely catch up! The TMI is not a series you'd want to miss!

      Delete
  3. I still have to read my copy of City of Fallen Angels but I've read all of Clare's other books - both her original Mortal Instruments series and her Infernal Devices series and both were nothing short of awesome so I'm sure this will turn out as great as well! Plus I adore the cover. Did you hear she'll also be releasing an new series called The Dark Artifacts set 5 years after The Mortal Instruments!!!

    Maria @ Fantasy's Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Really? I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know!!!

      Delete
    2. Whoops sorry it's actually called The Dark Artifices. You can find more about it here: http://tmisource.com/the-books/the-dark-artifices/

      Delete
    3. Maria, you are so my favorite person in the world right now! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Yes I can't wait for this one! LOVE Cassandra Clare! I'm also really excited about the new Dark Artifices series!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you on this one. I still have to read City of Fallen Angels though, I'm putting it of so I won't have to wait for the next for too long. :D

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone keeps recommending The Mortal Instruments series, I really need to start reading those books! Have a great reading week :)

    My WoW: http://emcastellan.com/2012/04/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely can't wait for this book it's one of my all time favourite series, great pick, my wow

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the City of Glass series, but I have to get time to read it. Can't wait to it then start on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great release for May 8th. But this one will definitely be my first choice and then everything else. Like my WoW this week. :)

    Julika @ BookVenturers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean... Everything else kind of falls back when we're talking about Cassie Clare's books :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read any in this series yet. I suppose I should get started. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I wouldn't mind getting to read this a little sooner!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, am looking forward to this, though I must say I've lagged on the series for a while. Great choice this week!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following :)
      And prepare yourself for another maddening, adrenaline-full journey in the world of the shadowhunters!

      Delete
  13. This is a series that I still need to read. I have the first one on my Kindle and print copy of the second. What am I waiting for??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know. But what I do know is that you shouldn't wait any longer :)

      Delete
  14. I need to set aside time for this series- I've heard so many good things about it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I. DROOL. I WANT I WANT. ...so much drooling. I ADORE these books. No Top Ten Tuesday goes by where I don't have one of these books in my lists--as long as they're good, of course. :P

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! I can´t wait to read COLS, this is one of my favorite series.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not started on this series yet but have them waiting. (sigh)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to agree, this does sound like a book worth waiting for!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (new Networked Blogs follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only read the first three books in the series, still need to catch up. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect Jace and Clary. So in love with that cover. Awesome pick for your WoW, Vanya :) I am a bit behind in this series but I have all the books. Hoping that by the time this one comes out, I will be caught up :)

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, you just MUST read the previous installments before May 8th!!

      Delete
  21. I must admit that I didn't like book four much, but I'm hopeful that this one will be a better read for me. Plus, yes, more Jace! :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. may is going to be SO AMAZING!!! so many spectular books coming out and damn i need me some Jace!! is it bad that im so worried to read this?? good pick!
    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm worried to read it too *sigh*. With all that will be going on... I can't blame you.

      Delete
  23. I have some catch up to do :p Book 5 already, and I still need to start this serie..

    Visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Start it already! :DDD You wouldn't want to put it down, I promise!

      Delete
  24. I can't wait for this one!!! I thought City of Fallen Angels was freaking HORRIBLE, but I really hope this one isn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooooo, it wasn't horrible! It was CLIFFHANGERY ;)

      Delete
  25. Great pick! I'm completely dying to read this book! I'm a huge fan of The Mortal Instruments and can't wait to find out what will happen next.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  26. I own the first book in this series but I've never read it. I may have to give it a go.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really need to start this series! I own the first two, but I've yet to read them. I feel like I'm probably the only person who hasn't read a Cassandra Clare book :( I need to remedy that, soon! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh me too I'm super excited to see what happens!! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes!!! Can't wait for this book either. Oh Jace, Oh Clary, Oh man I can't wait! Great pick. Here's my WoW
    Thanks, Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know that kinda the whole world is waiting for this... It's so unfair that I have to wait even longer than you guys, 'coz I'll buy me the German edition. Damn, sucks, I can tell you -.-

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.