Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In her shoes #1

I've been thinking for a while now what to post on Tuesdays, and I came up with this idea. I haven't see it done anywhere before, so I hope it's unique. I call it "In her shoes", and here's what I have in mind:

Each Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want.


For today I've picked Aiofe Grayson from The Nightmare Garden by Caitlin Kittridge. I read the book last week and gave it only 3 stars, because the lead heroine wasn't really the person she had the potential to be. If I were in her shoes, I'd try to listen to my loved ones more, because they are the people who really care about me. Like her brother Conrad, who had always been defensive of her. Or her father, who had been keeping an eye on Aiofe even though he'd left her mother long ago. I wouldn't require of my friends to go risk their lives just because I felt like I had to calm my conscience. And I definitely wouldn't unleash a destructive horde of creatures upon the world in hopes that they'd turn back time so I could somehow repair what I'd done to the world in my foolishness. And for crying out loud, I wouldn't let my boyfriend get captured by a band of misfits and their stupid leader, so that he could play with my feelings however he wants.

Well, whose shoes would you like to step into??

7 comments:

  1. I like your meme. I've thought of something similiar, but find it too hard to do it right myself, so I trashed the idea. So, this is my post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a cute initiative, I think. Besides, we all want to be in the shoes of a favorite character and go through what she went through. Or to be in the place of some foolish girl, and just do the things the right way :) And hey, I got that pretty picture to along with it, so that's cool too, no? :))

      Delete
    2. Yep, I agree with you, it's nice to voice out your own thoughts about choices and actions of a character. =) And the picture is really nice ^^
      If you have the time, it'd be nice if you could check out some of my memes as well =)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this meme. I definitely will start taking part of it starting next Tuesday :)

    Who's shoes would I step in right now? Sydney Sage, the Alchemist and main character of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. I just really liked everything about her character, her life and she gets to hang out with Adrian Ivashkov 'nuff said, hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of this meme! Will look forward for the next Tuesday, but is it okay if I post it during Wednesdays? I have a Tuesday meme but I don't have any post on Wednesdays! I definitely love your idea of 'In Her Shoes!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you can post it on Wednesday, though aren't you doing WoW's?

      Delete
    2. No I didn't join the WOW meme :p

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.