Friday, March 9, 2012

Follow Friday #7

Photobucket


Follow Me Friday is a book meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. #FF is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort
between bloggers. In order to join in the fun, all you need is well . . . A book blog :)

The question this week is:

Have you ever looked at a book's cover and thought, "This is going to be horrible!", but instead left you pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.


This question doesn't make any sense. Why would I pick a book that I think would be horrible and read it? I sure wouldn't spend any time on it at all. It would make more sense to pick a book that I think I'd like and read that instead, don't you agree? 
Besides, usually it happens the other way around. You PICK a book based on a pretty cover, but when you start reading it, it turns out to be awful. Of that I can give so many examples it's not even funny. It's rather sad actually.
Sure, I've read books with plain looking covers, but they're so deep with meaning and so breath-taking that I never considered them horrible at all. For example, 
 this cover looks really plain. I mean seriously, a lonesome tree, on a completely white background.... And it's full of meaning. I was intrigued by it's simplicity from the moment I saw it and knew that I just had to read it. It proved to be an amazing book.
Oh, by the way, I posted chapter 2 of my e-novella yesterday. You can check it out if you feel like it ;)

16 comments:

  1. Solitary! I'm currently reading the book!
    Actually when I first saw the cover I actually like it! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I loved the cover from the moment I laid my eyes on it :))

      Delete
  2. Hi there :) just hopping through, old follower.

    I guess the lonely tree fits the books title.

    Here is my choice...

    My Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through, new follower.

    I actually kind of like the cover, just because it's seems so stark. Of course, it's a bit tame compared to most covers these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the cover myself. It totally fit the story :)

      Delete
  4. That cover is a bit plain. I am glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by my FF and becoming a new follower! I hope to see you around again soon!

    [:
    *New Follower*

    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem with the pretty covers... the book isn't great. That cover is cool, I like the simplicity and I'm glad to hear its a good book! Thanks for stopping by and following... I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cover, it's mysterious and intriguing! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! I think the cover fits the title well in this case, at least! Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually love the cover of Solitary! Sounds like an awesome novel as well!

    Thanks again for the follow. NEW FOLLOWER!

    <3 Britta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday - thanks for the visit . . . happy to return the follow.

    Very stark, but an interesting cover. :)

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. Good point...why would you pick a book you think would be horrible? :-)
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't say I've ever heard of this book, but you do find somtimes pretty covers hide not so great books, new follower, here's mine

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know this book, but I think I agree with you too!

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also pick books based on their covers then hate when they turn out to be horrible books. Thanks for stopping by my FF. Following back. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. actually agree, anyone would buy a book based on the cover first, before reading the excerpt or the author..:)

    But sometimes, they
    re are books that even though the cover is awful, you still want to read it because of the author, promotion, or giveaways..

    Old follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.