Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My picks this week are:


#1





Title: The Forever Song
Series: Blood of Eden, Book #3
Genre: dystopian
Audience: YA
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release date: April 15th, 2014
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen

Summary:

VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.


 Why I want to read it:

Are you kidding me? This is perhaps the ONLY vampire series that I'm addicted to! Julie Kagawa has made an incredible job depicting the monster inside each of us.

#2




Title: Sacrifice
Series: The Elemental Series, Book #5
Genre: paranormal romance
Audience:  YA
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Release date: September 30th, 2014
Publisher:  Kensington Teen


Summary:

One misstep and they lose it all. For the last time.

Michael Merrick is used to pressure.

He’s the only parent his three brothers have had for years. His power to control Earth could kill someone if he miscalculates. Now an Elemental Guide has it out for his family, and he’s all that stands in the way.

His girlfriend, Hannah, gets that. She’s got a kid of her own, and a job as a firefighter that could end her life without a moment’s notice.

But there are people who have had enough of Michael’s defiance, his family’s “bad luck.” Before he knows it, Michael’s enemies have turned into the Merricks’ enemies, and they’re armed for war.

They’re not interested in surrender. But Michael isn’t the white flag type anyway. There will be blood on the ground tonight…


  Why I want to read it:

Because this is the final book in the series and I want to know how this will all end. Good thing it's coming out this year too, because the wait would be excruciating otherwise!

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

NOTE: To those of you who haven't noticed, I'm featuring a giveaway of 1 copy of Jennifer L. Armentrout's White Hot Kiss. Yeah, you got it - it's the 1st Dark Elements book. The trick here is, if there are A LOT of entries on it, I'll be choosing TWO WINNERS!!! So, go sign up and tell your friends! TO GIVEAWAY!

4 comments:

  1. This is a good one! Great pick!

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! These are both books on my tbr. I hadn't seen Brigid's newest yet, so thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of the cover for SACRIFICE but THE FOREVER SONG sounds and looks incredible. Kagawa is one of my favorite authors!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice! Dying to read The Forever Song! Love that series by Julie! And haven't read Brigid's series but have seen it around a lot! Hope you enjoy both once you get a hold of them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.