Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #62

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:




Title: Enders
Series: Starters, #2
Genre: distopian
Audience:  YA
Author: Lissa Price
Release date: January 7th, 2014
Publisher:  Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Summary:

Enders, the sequel to Lissa Price's thriller, Starters, is fast-paced dystopian fiction at its best.
     Someone is after Starters like Callie and Michael—teens with chips in their brains. They want to experiment on anyone left over from Prime Destinations—Starters who can be controlled and manipulated. With the body bank destroyed, Callie no longer has to rent herself out to creepy Enders. But Enders can still get inside her mind and make her do things she doesn't want to do. Like hurt someone she loves. Having the chip removed could save her life—but it could also silence the voice in her head that might belong to her father. Callie has flashes of her ex-renter Helena's memories, too . . . and the Old Man is back, filling her with fear. Who is real and who is masquerading in a teen body?

     No one is ever who they appear to be, not even the Old Man. Determined to find out who he really is and grasping at the hope of a normal life for her and her younger brother, Callie is ready to fight for the truth. Even if it kills her.

 Why I want to read it:

Starters was one of the several distopians I ended up liking. The cover is the exact opposite of Starters, which was all white and cold. This one's burning hot. I just can't wait to see what's happened with Callie and the rest of the characters!


So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

9 comments:

  1. i have starters on my bookshelf and i'm excited to get to it. i'm sure after i read it that i'll be just as impatient as you for enders.

    hope you can stop by my WoW post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Netgalley! I have a copy of Starters on my shelf that I can't wait to read, especially now that the sequel is coming out soon!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing, I love it :)

    Thank you for stopping by at my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series yet. Interesting pick!
    http://www.alwaysyaatheart.com/2013/11/waiting-on-wednesday-112713-out-of-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to start the first book, but just haven't decided if it's for me. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this series I don't think. Hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just run across this book on Goodreads today, but I must admit, I haven't heard of the series before. But now, they are on my tbr list :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeep I still haven't read Starters! I've heard such great things about it though and it's on my TBR. Thanks so much for visiting my WoW. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier in the week, sorry for the late reply back :) I followed you back!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.