Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #52

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:


Title: INK
Series: Paper Gods, Book #1
Author: Amanda Sun
Release date: June 25th, 2013 by Harlequin Teen

Summary:

I looked down at the paper, still touching the tip of my shoe. I reached for it, flipping the page over to look.

Scrawls of ink outlined a drawing of a girl lying on a bench.

A sick feeling started to twist in my stomach, like motion sickness.

And then the girl in the drawing turned her head, and her inky eyes glared straight into mine.


On the heels of a family tragedy, the last thing Katie Greene wants to do is move halfway across the world. Stuck with her aunt in Shizuoka, Japan, Katie feels lost. Alone. She doesn’t know the language, she can barely hold a pair of chopsticks, and she can’t seem to get the hang of taking her shoes off whenever she enters a building.

Then there’s gorgeous but aloof Tomohiro, star of the school’s kendo team. How did he really get the scar on his arm? Katie isn’t prepared for the answer. But when she sees the things he draws start moving, there’s no denying the truth: Tomo has a connection to the ancient gods of Japan, and being near Katie is causing his abilities to spiral out of control. If the wrong people notice, they'll both be targets.

Katie never wanted to move to Japan—now she may not make it out of the country alive


 Why I want to read it:

The cover is so gorgeous! And I dunno, the summary has me believing this will turn out to be an awesome story!

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

12 comments:

  1. The cover is beautiful!! And the setting is in Japan too!! Great pick, DEFINITELY looks interesting. Add Gods in too and it will be a good story.

    -New GFC Follower
    My WoW :3
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's my reasoning too. And of course the cover art! :)

      Delete
  2. Ink sounds so interesting and unique! great pick!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! This was my choice a for my Cover Crush meme a while back. I love the fact it is set in Japan :-) Here's my WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Cover is very pretty! Saw this one on Netgalley!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pick! I fell in love with this the first time I spotted it in a WoW some weeks ago. It's on Netgalley, and I got approved! So I'm going to enjoy this real soon! =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love this cover but the cover to the prequel is even better! Very intriguing summary too. Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very intrigued by this one, plus it has a super awesome cover. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah This looks so good! I cannot wait to read it! Happy Reading!

    My Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard this is a good book and it looks so awesome!!! Great pick!! =D

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth is, I saw some negative reviews of it, so I dunno how it will turn out *sigh*

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.